Tuesday, March 11, 2008

2 Weeks In

Well Hello again,
It has been 2 weeks today that we got to Brasil and it has been tough. It is a lot different than just going on a mission trip for a week or so. You have to start learning the language and going to the grocery store and getting accustomed to the culture and food. It has been hard but all the Missionaries here have been so helpful and so encouraging and ou guys back at home praying for us. It just gives us hope that we will make it through this.

This Past week it has been hard because all of us have been sick. Sunday night my dad and Preston started throwing up and then about 11:00 that night I got sick and Pierce was sick that night too. The only ones in our family that were not sick were Peyton and my mom, but we are getting over it now and are getting better.

Preston and I have started school and Preston had a great time. He met so many friends and he is figuring out ways to comunicate with them even though he can't speak the language. So Preston is just doing wonderful. Now me on he other hand I am struggling. the first day I had to sit through a 2 HOUR science lecture and I had no clue what the teacher was talking about. So you kids who complain about going to school in the states yeah I wouldn't do that because at least you understand what your teacher is talking about. It is getting better though. I am picking up very few words but at least it is something. I even trasnslated a Portuguese phrase for my parents.


Well I will go but until next time. Ate Mais (see you later)


Love,
His Princess,
Kati Cunningham

2 comments:

paul and mackenzie said...

Hey Katie,
Just wanted to tell you that I am very proud of you for hanging in there. I know how tough it is adjusting to the new culture, without any friends and language...AH!!!
Keep your relationship with the father your first priority and you will survive just fine. There will be good days and bad days, but you can take all of them to the Father and He understands.
Ciao,
Paul

Unknown said...

My Sweet Kati, Just know that we are praying for you. We are so proud of you for who you are and all you do. Just remember, you have youth on your side, unlike your mom and dad. Must be really hard for their feeble minds. Ha, please don't tell them I said that. She may be across the world, but I'm pretty sure your Mama could still beat me up. I Love You, Hug Hug Hug, Kiss, Kiss, Kiss, Aunt Kami